Take her to a few of these Pensacola events and get her a nice card!
We've compiled a list of the top 10 ways to spend quality time with the mothers in your life on Mothers Day weekend 2012 in the Pensacola area:
1. Symphony by the Sea- Picture bands on the beach for mothers. The Pensacola Symphony Orchestra is hosting a free mothers day concert Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 7 pm to 8:30 pm. Bring a snack, some lawn chairs, some wine, and enjoy some beautiful music while the sun sets. Your mom will love this.
2. 10th Annual Art in the Park- Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5pm. This annual festival takes place in historic Seville Park adjacent from the Pensacola Museum of Art (311 E Government Street, Pensacola, FL 32502). There is free admission to this outdoor festival which features over 100 artists, childrens play area, food, music, art car show, and more. Of course, artistic items will be available for purchase. Moms love art!
|Art in the Park Vendor List~|
3. Dolphin Cruise- Wow mom with this truly Pensacola gift. For $25 per adult, you can take a 2 hour dolphin cruise out in Pensacola Bay. Tour times are 10 am, 2pm, and 5pm and cruises are available for this Mother's Day weekend. Reservation are required. It's the perfect time for a dolphin cruise, as the baby dolphins are out right now!
|Dolphin spotted in Pensacola Bay from Chase-n-fins dolphin tour|
4. Secret Gardens of the Emerald Coast Tour- A self-guided tour of several beautiful, private gardens in the Pensacola area hoested by the Pensacola Federation of Garden Clubs. The event is taking place Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 10 am to 3pm and includes 6 local gardens. Tickets are $8 per person and available for purchase at The Garden Center at 1850 N 9th Ave., Pensacola, FL 32503.
5. Distinctive Kitchen Cooking Class- This is interesting. Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 11 am to 2 pm. The cooking class if for children, ages 6 and older. For $45, moms can drop their kids (up to 2) off at Distinctive Kitchens (29 S Palafox Pl) for two hours. Children are assisted with preparing a meal for mom and child to enjoy together. What a neat idea.
|Entrance to Saenger Theatre on Palafox Pl|
6. Showtime: The Pensacola Children's Chorus hosts a special show at the Pensacola Saenger Theatre. With over 350 children, this performance is sure to please moms. Impressive
Cost is $19 to $35 with shows on Friday, Saturay, and Sunday, May 11-13th, with shows at 7:30 pm Friday & Saturday night and 2:30 pm on Sunday.
7. Bellingrath Gardens- Located in Mobile, AL, Bellingrath Gardens is a favorite tradational mothers day outing. The Mobile Symphony Youth Orchestra is hosting a special mother's day concert on Sunday May13, 2012 at 5:30 pm. Although it's over an hours drive, it's a nice way to spend the day.
8. Condor Sailing Adventures- Mother's Day sailboat cruise leaves from Downtown Pensacola at The Fish House. Cruises available both Saturday and Sunday. Tickets still available, rates vary with options but posted rate on website is $65 for a 2 hour cruise, call (850) 637-7425 for reservations and final pricing.
9. BonfireBeachJam Country Music Festival- With their motto "Toes in the water, fanny in the sand" the Bonfire Beach Jam is an annual festival that takes place in Pensacola Beach. The event takes place Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 3:30 pm to 11 pm. General admission ranges from $37.50 to $50.00. The roster includes Sunny Sweeney, Josh Thompson, Craig Morgan, Ronnie Dunn, and Brett Elderedge.
10. Free Make it-Take it for Mothers Day- Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store is offering a free craft supply day on Saturday, May 12, 2012 from 11 am to noon. Children are given supplies to make a magnet for mom. The Pensacola store is located at 6601 North Davis Hwy #25, Pensacola, FL 32514.
There are also fabulous Mother's Day Brunches being served up at the following restaurants: The Fish House, Dharma Blue, Angus Steakhouse, Jacksons Steakhouse, The Hilton, and Five Sisters!
And of course, make sure to express how much you appreciate the mothers in your life!Until next time,
Realty Masters of FL~ #1 in Pensacola Rental homes
(850) 473-3983 ~ www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com ~ Pinterest ~ Facebook