FL Department of Health inspection results viewable by public.
|One of our favorite restaurants- New Yorker Deli-|
Scored well with 2 inspections= 6 minor violations.
We love their New Yorker style pizza & calzones!
Before you eat out again, read this article!
We recently found this website which lists restaurants in all counties in the state of Florida with health department inspection results. Of course, we were curious as you should be, too.
We looked up some of the top offenders in our area and have posted them below. These results include total number of violations from multiple 2011 & 2012 inspections. From the website, you can see more details including what the specific violations were and dates of inspections.
|Another one of our favorite restaurants, The Fish House!|
Over 2 years, the restaurant was reported having 28 violations
found through four inspections. Uh oh!
- Current license on display
- Restrooms with self-closing doors, fixtures operate properly, facility clean, supplied with hand-soap, disposable towels or hand drying devices, tissue, covered waste receptacles
- Foods handled with minimum contact
- Animals prohibited. Outer openings protected from insects, rodent proof
- Floors properly constructed, clean, drained, coved
- Walls, ceilings, and attached equipment, constructed, clea
- Original container: properly labeled, date marking, consumer advisoryn
- Toxic items properly stored, labeled and used properly
- Food protection, cross-contamination
- Outside storage area clean, enclosure properly constructed
- Food contact surfaces of equpiment and utensils clean
With that being said, we don't guarantee this information, but we do want to open your eyes to it and it's definitely a good idea to look at! One of the restaurants has over 100 violations in the last two years. We were amazed to see that the restaurant was given so many chances.
Top Violations for Restaurants in Escambia County:
- Tequila Mexican Restaurant- W Hwy 98- 53 violations
- Rio Bravo Mexican Restaurant- 9 Mile Rd.- 43 violations
- Florabama Package Lounge & Oyster Bar- Perdido Key Drive- 36 violations
- King Buffet- 9 Mile Rd- 35 violations
- Castaways Beachside Restaurant- Quietwater Lane, Pensacola Beach- 32 violations
- Barracks Street Fish House- Barracks St.- 28 violations
- Yang Tze Buffet Restaurant- 9th Ave.- 26 violations
- Teriyaki Cafe Sushi & Grill- Davis Hwy- 25 violations
- Cazdores Mexican Restaurant- Cervantes St.- 24 violations
- Churches Chicken- Barrancas Ave- 23 violations
- Los Rancheros Mexican Restaurant- Plantation Rd.- 21 violations
- 2 Stix- Bayou Blvd. - 20 violations
- Hong Kong Restaurant- Navy Blvd.- 19 violations
- Coffee Cup- 18 violations
- Ryans- Pensacola Blvd. - 17 violations
- Beef O'Bradys- 9 Mile Rd- 16 violations
- Wintzell's Oyster House- E Chase St.- 16 violations
The Olive Garden, The Tin Cow, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, & Taco Bell on Airport Blvd., were some of the very few restaurants with 0 violations reported!
Top Violations for Restaurants in Santa Rosa County:
- China Sea- Caroline St., Milton- 196 violations. Wow! I must say, the latest inspection from May resulted in 0 violations, but the health inspector has been inspected 10 times over the last year with multiple violations each time!
- Shuckums- Caroline St., Milton- 37 violations
- Addies Seafood & Grill Inc- Hwy 90, Milton- 34 violations
- Ciscos- Caroline St., Milton- 34 violations
- McDonald's- 6485 Caroline St.- 31 violations.
- Shrimp Basket of Milton- Hwy 90, Milton- 31 violations
- Captain D's- Hwy 90, Milton- 30 violations
- Stinkys Fish Camp & Helen Back Again- Navarre Pkwy, Navarre- 28 violations
- Ryans Steakhouse- Hwy 90, Pace- 28 violations
- East River Smoke House- Hwy 87 S, Navarre- 27 violations
- Guglielmos Italian Grill- Navarre Pkwy, Navarre- 26 violations
- Golden Dragon- Navarre Pkwy, Navarre- 23 violations
- Sonic Drive In- Hwy 90, Pace- 20 violations
- Village Inn- Hwy 90, Pace- 19 violations
- Sakura Japanese Restaurant- Navarre Pkwy, Navarre- 18 violations
- Rio Bravo Meixcan Restaurant- Gulf Breeze Pkwy, Gulf Breeze- 16 violations
Papa Nalu Aloha Grill, Pizza Hut (Gulf Breeze Pkwy), Main Street Cafe in Milton, & Baskin Robbins in Pace.
To see all local restaraunts violations for Pensacola, Cantonment, Perdido Key, Gulf Breeze, Navarre, Pace, and Milton, visit the website here or see more information from the Florida Department of Health.
Until next time,
Nicole St. Aubin, Broker Associate
Realty Masters of FL ~ #1 in Pensacola Rental Homes!
www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com ~ Over 45 rentals Available
Follow us on Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ YouTube