Pollen, Poison Ivy, Pests, and Peeling skin follow the arrival of Spring 2013.
With temperatures in the 70's over the weekend, many Pensacola residents spent the weekend outdoors soaking up the Spring Sun! Thousands of Pensacola area residents and Spring Breakers packed Pensacola area beaches, parks, and even their own yards to enjoy the beautiful Gulf Coast weather.
With the return of beautiful sunny days and warm weather, we are reminded to be on alert for some of the pests that come along with the perks of spring!
|Poison Ivy found in Pensacola Yard~|
Here's a list of the Top 5 Pensacola area Pests to be on the lookout for this Spring:
1. Pollen! The Pensacola pollen forecast has been high since the beginning of Spring. If you are susceptible to allergies caused by pollen, make sure to monitor the pollen forecast for Pensacola (do this here at Weather Underground) and make sure to take your allergy medication.
2. Poison Ivy & Poison Oak. You may be unaware that these plants are living in your yard, so be cautious when working outside. Make sure to properly identify plants before working with them, and always use gloves.
If you are affected by Poison Ivy or Poison Oak, remember that itching the affected areas can cause the rash to spread. Generously use calamine lotion, cortisone cream, and even some anti-inflammatory to ease the paint.
3. Fleas. You will soon find these pests in your yard and possibly in your home or car! Make sure your pets are on monthly flea medicine and treat your yard quarterly for fleas. Once you have fleas, it's nearly impossible to get rid of them without treating your yard, home, and your pets.
4. Sunburn. Most likely, your skin is not used to the high temperatures and ample sunlight. Make sure to wear a daily sunscreen with some SPF to protect your skin. If you are going out in the sun for extended periods of time, make sure to re apply generously. The first few times your skin is exposed to the Florida Sunlight, you will be most susceptible to burning which can be very painful, especially for those who are not used to the Florida Sun.
5. Mosquitoes, Wasps, & Ants. These pests will be invading your yard any day now. Make sure to treat your yard and home quarterly for mosquitoes, wasps, and ants. After last years West Nile Virus Outbreak, experts are predicting another bad year for these disease carrying pets. Make sure to read our article on how to cut down your chances for contracting the virus and reducing the number of mosquitoes at your home.
While there are plenty of perks to Spring, we must take the good with the bad! Make sure to protect your home, yard, and family from the Top 5 Pensacola area Pests this Spring & Summer.
Thanks and have a great day,
Nicole St. Aubin, Broker Associate
Realty Masters of FL~ #1 in Pensacola Property Management
4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503
Call us at (850) 473-3983
Over 45 Pensacola Rental Homes at www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Like us on facebook ~ Follow our pins ~ Watch our videos