Here's 3 tips to help you live cleaner.
The air quality inside of your home is important! Here's a few of our favorite tips to help improve the quality of the air your family breathes everyday.
|19 Houseplants to Clean the Air!|
We found this awesome article about 19 house plants that improve the indoor quality of your air! Read the list here: http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/types-of-houseplants.html
Some of the most popular plants that made the list include: aloe vera, bamboo palm, english ivory, lady palm, mums, and spider plant.
If you have pets who might get into your plants, you should definitely double check this list to make sure none of these items are poisonous or dangerous to your pets health.
Don't forget, too many house plants can cause mildew and mold growth so avoid excessive amounts of indoor house plants.
Proper Air Circulation
Proper air circulation is very important. Here are a few ways you can improve the air circulation in your home or apartment!
- Use ceiling fans as much as possible.
- Run the central heating and air regularly. Gulf Power suggests to keep it set at 78 in spring/summer and 68 in fall/winter.
- Open windows to allow natural air flow; make sure your windows have screens to keep out critters.
- Regularly open blinds and curtains to allow light inside your home.
- Use bathroom exhaust fans every time you shower
- Make sure to keep shower doors and curtains open after showering.
- Keep closet doors ajar as mildew can grow inside closets.
Nobody likes to clean house, but to maintain a safe, clean environment, you must clean your home weekly. Be weary of the dirt, dust, airborne bacteria, and air particles you can not see that exist in your home. Kitchens and bathrooms are especially susceptible to dangerous toxins that can hinder your clean air quality.
- Regularly dust, sweep, and vacuum your home once a week.
- Take out the trash daily.
- Wipe up any spills immediately and do not let water sit collect in any location inside the home.
- Wipe along window sills monthly especially in the hotter summer months when windows tend to sweat.
- Clean the underside of the garbage disposal flap as many people forget this area!
- Clean out the fridge often and don't hold leftovers for more than three days.
Realty Masters of FL~ #1 in Pensacola Property Management
4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503
Call us at (850) 473-3983
Over 45 Pensacola Rental Homes at www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Like us on facebook ~ Follow our pins ~ Watch our videos