According to Walkscore, Pensacola is a car dependent city!
It's no surprise to me that Walkscore, a trending website, rates Pensacola as a car dependent city, citing that most errands require a car. Employment alone is typically a reason to have a vehicle in the Pensacola Bay area as most people commute privately to and from work.
As of 2013 data from Walkscore.com:
- Pensacola's average walk score is a 42 out of 100, given the label "car dependent" although scores per zip code varied slightly
- Downtown Pensacola's walk score was a 51.
- Gulf Breeze came in as the most walkable with a score of 75
- Milton, FL scores a 49 and labeled car dependent
- Navarre came in the least walkable with a low score of 14, citing almost all errands require a car!
|The City of Gulf Breeze has the highest walk score in|
the Pensacola Bay area~
I personally wouldn't feel safe walking on the majority of major roads in the Pensacola area, especially after dark.
|Downtown Pensacola has a higher walkscore than all|
other locations in Pensacola!
Beyond walking and biking, there are a few affordable options for public transportation in the Pensacola Bay area including:
- ECAT (Escambia County Area Transit System)
Questions about moving to Escambia or Santa Rosa Counties in the Pensacola Bay area, give us a call at (850) 473-3983 or email us Info@PensacolaRealtyMasters.com You can view our available homes for rent and Pensacola homes for sale on our home website at http://www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Nicole St. Aubin, Broker Associate
Realty Masters of FL~ #1 in Pensacola Rental Homes!
4400 Bayou Blvd. #58B, Pensacola, FL 32503
Call us at (850) 473-3983
Over 45 Pensacola Rental Homes at www.PensacolaRealtyMasters.com
Like us on facebook ~ Follow our pins ~ Watch our videos